As a woman, do you have back pain? Does your job require you to be standing or sitting all day? Or are you just concerned that you have some sort of spine problem? In this article, we have carefully selected the best back brace for women. Continue reading to know all about the best back brace for women.
Here is something important you need to know, research suggests that poor posture can lead to many back problems and, of course, annoying back pain. In fact, low back pain is one of the most common occupational disabilities that contributes to the increase in absenteeism in the workplace. This is actually not surprising, as reports indicate that 80% of adults suffer from some form of spine or lower back problem at some point in their lives. So if you have back pain, you are not alone.
In this article, we will not try to diagnose if you have a back disease such as scoliosis or anything that causes your back pain. Here we will talk about the common causes of poor posture, the different ways to improve posture, the best back brace for women, and how to choose one.
Most Common Causes of Poor Posture in Women?
By understanding some of the causes of poor posture, it will be easier to work on correcting them, so here are the reasons:
As people age, our bodies become less flexible. One of the reasons is the wear of the intervertebral discs of the spine. These discs function as shock absorbers and, if damaged, the movement becomes difficult and painful. It also produces compression and shortening of the total length of the spine. Another reason is the loss of bone density. It starts at menopause in women and contributes to poor posture.
2. Poor Desk Setup at Work
Poor ergonomics, including the use of a wrong chair, an incorrect desk or chair height, and a lack of breaks can cause misalignment of the spine. It occurs when the structure slowly adapts to poor posture repeated every day.
3. Sitting for Long Periods
The spine is supposed to be S-shaped when viewed from the side. This is for even weight distribution, as well as the flexibility of movement. The cervical region (neck) and lower back (lumbar) should curve slightly inward, while the thoracic and sacral region has a smooth outer curve.
Extra weight can cause extra strain on the back and cause the pelvis to become misaligned in the middle section of the spine.
5. Use of Heavy Bags
Carrying heavy bags can cause a disproportionate change in weight on a particular side of the body which can lead to spasms in the neck or back.
6. Wearing High Heels
High heels change the center of gravity of the body and push the body mass forward. This results in misalignment of the hips, spine, and upper back, which puts pressure on the lower limbs.
7. Wearing Ill-fitting Underwear
Wearing ill-fitting bra affects the natural curvature of the spine, causing extensive slouching and hunching.
8. Poor Nutrition
Lack of nutrients in the body, such as calcium and other vitamins or minerals, can affect the health of bones and muscles. If the body does not have the proper nutrients, the musculoskeletal system will degenerate and lack the strength to keep the body in a natural upright position.
As the belly grows during pregnancy, the center of gravity changes. As a result, the body compensates by adjusting the posture. This condition is called lordosis. It is the excessive internal curvature of the spine.
10. Habit and Lack of Exercise
The main cause of poor posture is associated with bad habits. As we spend more time on gadgets, we unconsciously bend or slouch with our heads at a very sharp angle. Improper alignment of the neck and spine results in muscle tension and stiffness in the back. Other than that, instead of exercising, we sit for long periods of time surfing the web and swiping our fingers on social media. With a decrease in physical activity, bone tissue does not form well and changes in bone tissue occur.
How to Improve Posture
There are many ways to improve body posture. Here are the most effective ways to get good body alignment and good posture:
1. Eat Healthily
Lean proteins, fresh fruits, vegetables, and foods rich in calcium and other vitamins can help your body have healthy muscles and bones that support your back. Experts also recommend avoiding eating too much fatty food, as being overweight can affect your center of gravity, contributing to poor posture.
2. Improve Your Workspace
Adjust the height of your chair, table, and computer screen to a comfortable level. You can also use a stool to improve the alignment of the body. A comfortable workspace will prevent bad habits and reduce strain on the back muscles and bones.
3. Do some exercises
Exercise contributes to healthy bone growth and muscle strength. Neck stretching can do magic for your cervical spine. If you work in an office environment, take breaks of five to ten minutes, and walk to relieve the pressure in your lower back.
4. Get a Massage
Massage therapy can release tense muscles and help them relax. It also allows the back to be in a natural position and to correct bad postures.
5. Use Back Supports
Orthopedic devices and correctors help break the habit of poor posture. It reminds the body of the right way to sit or stand by aligning the muscles or bones in the right position.
How Can Posture Correctors Help You
The main purpose of posture correctors is to break the habit of poor posture and to retrain back structures such as muscles and bones to maintain alignment and posture of the body naturally. Posture correctors guide a person’s shoulder, collarbone, and muscles.
It may not be comfortable during the first hours, days, or weeks, especially for those who are used to poor posture. However, over time, the posture corrector will modify and retrain the muscles to unconsciously remember the right position.
In this article, we will be focusing on the best back brace for women. Below is a list of seven best back braces for women.
Best Back Brace for Women
Here is the list of the best back brace for women.
- Velsy Posture Corrector Brace
- ORTONYX Full Back Support Brace
- Strictlystability Back Posture
- EquiFit ShouldersBack Lite
- ITA-MED Posture Corrector
- NeoTech Care Light Back Brace for Women
- Mag Eyes BR1000 Body Rite Posture Pleaser
Review of the Best Back Brace for Women
If you’re looking for ways to improve posture, these are the seven most popular and effective products. After these reviews, you will find at the end a section that discusses the essential things to consider when purchasing the best back brace for women.
1. Velsy Posture Corrector Brace
The first on our list of the best brace for women is the Easy posture corrector. The Easy Posture Corrector brace is highly recommended for women because it helps improve posture and correct body alignment. It is an ergonomic back support that promotes posture by pulling your shoulders back in a comfortable and therapeutic way.
- Many consumers report that it successfully relieves muscle tension and helps promote good posture.
- Made with a soft fabric and light and breathable neoprene pads.
- Does not irritate the skin.
- Not visible under clothing.
- It can be washed by hand with warm water and a mild detergent.
- It comes with instructions and a video guide on how to use it.
- It comes with easy to adjust straps.
- It is not restrictive, i.e. it does not limit movements.
- It is very effective.
- Hassle-free return.
- Some say you may need help putting it on.
- Maybe a little tight under the armpits if not positioned correctly, but comfortable when used correctly.
This back brace is perfect for those on a tight budget but who need to break the habit of slouching. It works well in the treatment of poor back posture, which is one of the reasons for terrible back pain. It has pads that provide a comfortable fit under clothing. What makes this brace the best posture brace for women is its ability to stretch the shoulders and realign the spine to a normal anatomical position. In fact, it is an inexpensive solution to help manage long-term back pain.
2. ORTONYX Full Back Support Brace
- It is made with high-quality durable materials.
- It does not irritate the skin or armpits.
- It is made with adjustable straps and suspenders.
- It can be used to treat various ailments and is perfect for various back ailments.
- It allows a full range of movements.
- It is covered by insurance.
- Easily concealed under clothing.
- Stomach slimming bonus.
- It is effective in breaking the habit of incorrect posture.
- It is available in eight sizes.
- Expensive compared to other orthopedic devices for women.
- Maybe a little too hot for the summer months.
- Some reports say it’s too tight.
It may be tight at first due to its full vest design, but perfect for providing the right amount of support that will not limit movement. If you have the extra budget to spend a little more than the average price of women’s braces, this might be the right brace for you. It is not that cheap, but surely you will still appreciate its effects!
3. Strictlystability Back Posture Brace
The next brace on this list of the best back brace for women is the StabilityAce back posture brace. This StabilityAce back posture brace has a comfortable design made of velvet and thick foam cushions in some areas of the straps. It can be used by women and men who want to straighten the upper back due to excessive flexing.
- Easy to use.
- Provides support for the shoulders, collarbone, and upper back.
- It is made of foam and velvet padding.
- It is available in four sizes: small, medium, large, extra-large.
- It has movable D-rings for optimal adjustment.
- It is lightweight.
- It is easy to clean.
- It includes a one year warranty.
- Some consumers report that there are cases where the brace is uncomfortable in the armpits, especially during certain movements.
- Others say that you should be a little flexible when wearing it.
- A little expensive compared to other back braces for women.
This brace is perfect for those with shoulder alignment issues and those who are prone to slouching. It has a figure 8 style design that helps the shoulders and collarbones maintain an aligned position. In addition to correcting the posture of the shoulder, you can also use this StabilityAce device to treat broken bones, sprains, fibromyalgia, or collarbone pain. This is why it made it to our list of the best back brace for women.
4. EquiFit ShouldersBack Lite
ShouldersBack Lite is the best back brace for women made by EquiFit. EquiFit is a company that manufactures and sells accessories and body supports for riders and horses. Knowing that good posture is essential to driving, the founder of EquiFit had the idea for this back brace.
- With elastic velcro fastening straps.
- The mesh fabric makes it breathable and light.
- Comfortable to wear during summer and hot months.
- Available in three sizes: small (for women with a chest measurement of 24 “or less), medium (for women with a chest measurement <38”), and large (for women with a chest measurement up to at 50 “).
- The brace is packed in a silver cardboard tube.
- The package includes detailed instructions on the use of the product.
- Available internationally
- It can be difficult to use.
- A little expensive.
- Not machine washable.
- Must be worn over a shirt
You can never go wrong with this back brace for women. In addition to being created with the help of the orthopedic team, it does the work of upper body support for riders and non-riders.
5. ITA-MED TLSO – 250 Back Brace for Women
TLSO is an acronym for the words Thoracic Lumbo-Sacral Orthosis. As the name suggests, it is used to correct posture by supporting the thoracic (middle of the back) and lumbosacral (lower back) areas. According to the manufacturers, it can also be used to prevent the development of scoliosis or extreme curvature of the spine and other problems related to the spine, as well as better posture. Like other women’s suspenders, you don’t need a prescription to buy this product, and it’s available from several retailers. This brace is worth the place it has on our list of the best back brace for women.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Well built and durable.
- It can be adjusted for optimal fit.
- It is built with spinal padding and posture guide.
- Insurance can cover the cost
- Available in five different sizes for women.
- It is not machine washable.
- It is not recommended for very active people.
- Some reports indicate column support is somewhat restrictive
If you are looking for a product that has additional vertebral support to correct your posture, this is definitely a good product. It is approved by Medicare and Medicaid and is quite affordable than other high-quality back braces for women. The actual cost of this posture corrector varies from dealer to dealer, but it’s still not the most affordable brace you can find.
6. NeoTech Care Light Back Brace for Women
- Durable and adjustable.
- Specially equipped for women.
- Many verified Amazon consumers say it’s effective.
- The straps are in a crisscross pattern that goes between the shoulder blades on the back with compression pads around the abdomen.
- It is breathable and light.
- Ecological packaging.
- Available in five different sizes.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: the company accepts returns and refunds
- Some consumers complain that belts tend to wear out quickly after a few weeks of repeated use.
- Seams tend to unravel.
- Bulky, as reported by an Amazon customer.
- Not ideal for people who move too much because the compression wrap rises at a given time
This lumbar brace is a good value for those on a tight budget. Although there are negative reviews from verified buyers on Amazon, many consumers say it is useful and that the company accepts product returns. Compared to other models, this product also offers compression capabilities of the lower back, making it perfect for people with lower back pain.
7. Mag Eyes BR1000 Body Rite Posture Pleaser
Body Rite Posture Pleaser is made by Mageyes. This product is not the average back brace for women, but a brace designed in a counterbalanced style to help equalize the center of gravity of the body. It weighs on the back but adheres to the area around the shoulder.
- Built to last
- Comfortable to wear
- Adjustable and durable
- Effectively promotes good posture
- According to the manufacturers, its benefits are scientifically proven.
- One size fits all
- Difficult to hide under a fitted shirt.
- It cannot be washed, must be cleaned with a cloth.
- It is costly when compared to other back braces for women of the same style
One of the drawbacks of this product is that it is not washable. This means it can get dirty easily, especially during the summer months, so it won’t be an ideal option for those who sweat a lot. However, it is well constructed and effective at pulling the shoulders back and aligning the head with the shoulders.
It was included in this list of the best back brace for women because this product works well for people suffering from a head-forward position, which is not offered by the other back braces for women.
How to Choose the Best Back Brace for Women
Here are some of the essential factors to consider when purchasing the best back brace for women:
Be careful when choosing the best posture corrector for your back. If it’s expensive, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is the best of the best. Some back braces are inexpensive because the brand may not be as popular as the others. Remember that there are many posture correctors that are affordable but very effective in doing the job of correcting your posture. Likewise, you cannot buy products that are too cheap but not durable and effective. The solution is to read reviews like this in order to have an informed decision before buying any back brace for women.
Type of posture corrector
The women’s back brace is available in a variety of styles, sizes, colors, and materials. Many devices have a backpack strap. Some have a flexible column, and others have a shirt as clothing for a full back.
When looking for a posture support brace, the first thing to do is ask yourself, “Why do I need it?” Is it for the upper, middle, or lower back?
If you don’t have a prescription, meet your doctor and discuss the type of orthopedic device that can help your condition so that you can purchase the perfect back brace for women without any problems. By learning about different styles, you will be able to tell which one is right for you.
Easy to use
One last factor that you should never forget to check when purchasing the best back brace for women is the ease of use of the product. Although you cannot personally test the products available online, you can read reviews from other verified consumers.
You need to check if the posture corrector can be used easily. A good posture corrector will not restrict your movements but should be something you can use to move normally.
How Long Do You Need to Wear any Back Brace For Women?
The braces and back supports are designed to guide the back in relearning good body posture. These are supplements and are not intended to be a permanent solution that you can use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are not crutches that should be held in place until the affected area is completely healed. In most cases, half an hour to a few hours can be used each day.
If you are wearing the back brace for women for the first time, use it for ten to fifteen minutes, then gradually increase the duration of use.
If you use it for a whole day every day, you will not get as much muscle strength and development, as the body will only depend on back support.
Things to Consider When Purchasing Posture Correctors
There may be a debate around posture correctors as some believe it weakens muscles. While this may be true in some cases, many people who have developed lousy posture while leaning on devices have reported having benefited greatly from the braces.
The important consideration that we like to inform our readers is that each condition is unique and that what may work for one individual may not work for the other. We also recommend that you seek advice from a family doctor before deciding to purchase a specific type of corset.
This buying guide contains unbiased reviews and advice to help you achieve the posture you want with the best back brace for women.
Don’t let back pain stop you from leading an active, healthy lifestyle. Find a back brace that fits you and your lifestyle. The best back brace for women can keep you on track, supporting your back so you can enjoy life without pain.
Having gone through this amazing article on the best back brace for women, we hope you enjoyed reading this, and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family!
You can also click here to get all the necessary information about posture correctors, how they work, and how effective they can be.